I regularly get messages asking about which tools I use to work.
Nobody has asked me what I use. Ever. But here’s a list of my daily drivers and necessities anyways, mostly revolving around my Apple sheepy-ness. Inspired by many, many others. ❤️
- MacBook Pro 15" (Mid-2018)
- Core i9 @ 2.9 GHZ 🔥 🧯 🚒
- 32 GB RAM
- 1 TB SSD
- Radeon Pro 560X – 4 GB
- iPhone 12 Pro
- 512 GB in Graphite 😎
- Deep Navy Silicone Case
- iPad Pro 10.5"
- 256 GB in Space Gray
- Smart Keyboard & Apple Pencil
- Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular on Verizon)
- Stainless Steel – Space Black
- 38mm (I have incredibly small wrists.)
- Usually either the Midnight Blue sport band or 🏳️🌈 woven nylon band.
- Powerbeats3 Wireless (in the pretty rad Pop Indigo color)
- I also have incredibly weird ears, apparently, so my AirPods went right back to the store when they came out. 😢
- …but these are a great alternative with the same pairing and continuity features between all of my 🍎 devices.
- Google Pixel 2 XL
- For some recreational Android development.
- iTerm 2
- Visual Studio Code
- All of my settings via Settings Sync.
- View my messy
Brewfiledump with all of my installed packages.
- View my messy
- Docker Desktop
- VMware Fusion Pro
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Still on the $20/month Student Plan, somehow. 🤫 Will need to re-evaulate once I’m kicked off; it’s hard to justify spending almost 3x that…
Sequel Pro→ TablePlus Robo 3T→ TablePlus
- Local for WordPress development.
- Firefox Developer Edition 🦊
- Google Chrome 😈
- Little Snitch
- Backblaze (referral link)
- Keybase & GPG Suite
- Unshaky ⌨️
- Toooo lzy too vist the Aple Stre geeniusses oonce agin to fiix tthe keeybbbboord. 😒 🦋
- CleanMyMac X
- Paragon NTFS
- The Unarchiver
- Duet Display
- iStat Menus
- NVIDIA GeForce NOW (beta)
- Microsoft Office
I have far too many apps to count, but here the essentials that have earned a spot on my home screen:
- 1Password (beta)
- Waze (beta)
- Google Maps
- Dark Sky
- Xfinity Stream
- Pocket Casts
- Plex (beta)
- Microsoft To-Do (RIP Wunderlist 🙏)
- Reeder 4
- AdGuard Pro
- Blink Shell
- Working Copy
I’ve been making recent efforts to de-Google my life, with mixed results…
Gmail→ Fastmail (referral link) Google Drive→ Dropbox→ iCloud Drive Google Docs→ Microsoft Office (hey, it works 🤷) Google Photos→ iCloud Photos Google Analytics→ both of these are awesome, privacy-aware “visitor counters” rather than invasive trackers: Google Public DNS→ Cloudflare’s 22.214.171.124 on my home network. GoDaddy→ Google Domains→ Cloudflare Registrar (and ISNIC of course 🇮🇸)
Other geeky stuff:
- DNSimple (referral link) & Cloudflare for domain DNS.
- Netlify for static sites.
- Linode (referral link) and DigitalOcean (referral link) for virtual Linux servers.
- Backblaze (referral link) for off-site MacBook backups.
- Gitea as a self-hosted Git backup/mirror.
- Plex + Sonarr + Radarr